Outside Sales Representative
About the Position & Duties
The sales representative is critical to the growth of SCD and is a highly valued team member.
The primary responsibility of this position is to sell our extensive door products and services in Western Canada, with a focus on agricultural and commercial clients. You will work closely with the South Country Team and customers to provide support and build strong, long term relationships with existing customers and assist in the development of new customers.
Duties can include, but are not limited to:
- Servicing existing accounts, obtaining orders, and establishing new accounts
- Offering quality service to customers, both existing and new, through transparency and honesty
- Maintaining current relationships with customers by regularly checking in, providing after-sales support, and making recommendations for changes in products and services
- Cold-calling and fostering a sales pipeline that leads to conversions
- Building and presenting sales proposals with plans for follow up
- Following up on and nurturing online leads where appropriate
- Following up on all jobs and providing after-sales support. This may include addressing customer concerns and problem solving
- Listening to, and evaluating recommendations from customers to make SCD better and presenting it to management
- Working with the installation team and assisting with the odd job
- Working with the marketing team to develop relevant materials
- Attending trade shows and other opportunities for networking/business development
- Providing extra ‘touches’ that go the extra mile for our customers, such as delivering the odd part or showing up to an event hosted by the customer
- Other administration duties, such as account reviews, ordering and building weekly reports for the management team
*This position is part salary-based, with a commission bonus structure. Travel and overnight stays will be required.
Ideal Applicant Requirements
- 3-5 years in sales and be comfortable with cold calling
- Knowledge of the construction and/or agricultural industry
- A working knowledge of the unique southern Alberta market
- A willingness to learn and continually improve
- A valid, Class 5 Alberta driver’s license
- Competitive wages (experience considered in compensation)
- Full benefits, including dental after 90 days
- Commission bonuses
- Supportive teamwork environment
- Benefits package
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
South Country Doors is an industry leader, which means both hard work and attention to detail are key. In the last 5 years, we’ve experienced accelerated growth and are looking for passionate individuals that will add value to our team. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and are open to expanding your skills, we look forward to hearing from you!